Living at La Trobe provides you with numerous opportunities to bolster your professional skills and prepare you for a prosperous career. With academic mentoring, specialist subject tutoring, textbook borrowing and a dedicated Academic Excellence Coordinator, you have every opportunity to succeed – we are always here to help.
This page covers the career resources available through La Trobe University and Accommodation Services.
Career Ready Advantage
Unlock rewards, internships and mentoring with Career Ready Advantage, available via the new MyLaTrobe app.
Career Ready Advantage has been designed with industry to help you develop the skills employers want, as you build your skills through experiential activities and online learning. It offers a personalised dashboard and is easy to use.
Read more about Career Ready Advantage.
SEARCH FOR JOBS AND OPPORTUNITIES
1 – Career Hub:
Career Hub is La Trobe’s website to search for casual and part-time jobs, internships, and volunteering opportunities. All La Trobe students have access to career hub.
See the following vacancies – note these will update automatically, check back for regular updates.
- Sport Journalism Internship (For Credit)
- Social Media Intern
- System Support Analyst
- Speech pathologist – Paediatric
- Advocacy and NDIS Appeals support worker
- Service Specialist – International Program
- Graduate Sales Consultants (Chemicals)
- Graduate – Rotating Graduate Program
- St Kilda Festival & Yalukut Weelam Ngargee 2018: Volunteers
- IT Service Technician
- Pharmacy Student
- Occupational Therapist
- Courier Driver for Melbourne Cafes
- Teach English in Korea
- Marketing Assistant
2 – Employer Connect:
Connect with employers hiring graduates in Australia and around the world. Search for jobs by location and discipline area.
The La Trobe Employer Connect Portal is tailored for current students and recent graduates to find full time and relevant jobs after their studies.
- Find Jobs
- Connect with Employers
To apply for any position, log in using your student username and password.
Access Employer Connect
3 – Unitemps:
Unitemps La Trobe offers students and graduates paid work opportunities across our campuses and within industry. This new service will enable greater numbers of students to access flexible employment, develop career ready skills, gain real-world experience and earn money while studying.
Whether it’s a casual or part-time position, short-term work assignment or a paid internship Unitemps provides students and recent graduates (within the first 12 months of completing your studies) with a wide range of options. Unitemps offers specialist roles relating to your degree as well as general roles.
Our Unitemps consultants will be based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus on Level 2 of the Agora.
Click Here to look at this week’s Unitemps Update 01.12
Graduate Employment Opportunities
So you’ve managed to pick a course AND complete it…what’s next?
Graduate roles are an excellent opportunity to gain meaningful employment with large and established companies. They allow graduates to compete on a fair playing field by restricting applicants to those with little to no formal experience. La Trobe Univeristy has it’s own Graduate Development Program (details to be released shortly). Visit the following link for Graduate Jobs, Internships and Graduate Programs.
The BIG Interview
Use The BIG Interview to learn and practice your interview skills, whether you’re interviewing for a job or graduate school.
Visit the BIG Interview Website
- Get coached by an expert – BIG Interview gives you cutting edge information about interview best-practices.
- Interview with confidence – Perfect your delivery and conquer your nerves with our interactive mock interview tool
- Over 140 industries and sets – BIG Interview allows you to practice general, behavioral and technical questions.
- Know exactly what questions to expect – There are thousands of these inside Big Interview, complete with insider insights and expert-crafted sample answers.
- Craft great responses that WOW interviewers – The “Answer Builder” tool inside Big Interview will help you mine the depths of your memory to find the right stories to tell.
- Nail your interview – When the competition is tough, it can make the difference between getting an offer and going home empty handed.
La Trobe CareerHub Events
To book into an event, click on one of the following event headings. You will then need to log into CareerHub using your student username e.g., STUDENTS/12345678 and password.