2017 so far…
The 2017 residential year has kicked-off to a dream start for both the Bundoora and Bendigo Campuses, with our Albury-Wodonga residents due to check-in this weekend. For all those residents who have arrived already, we hope you are having a fantastic start to your year, and for those who have not arrived – we are excited to see you! Remember, if have any questions about Living at La Trobe, don’t hesitate to speak to one of your Residential Coordinators, your Student Leaders or any Accommodation staff – we are here to make sure your time on campus is the best it can be.
Check-in day on February 4 was an exciting day for everyone involved, and we would like to thank everyone who helped on the day.
Our Bendigo team would like to send out a special mention to the “Green Army” of Student Leaders and student volunteers for making the day a great success. On Sunday there was a meet-and-greet with Student Leaders, which gave our first-years a chance to get to know our amazing team. On Monday, Sonya Karras paid a visit and shared some insightful information regarding their health and wellbeing while living away from home. During the afternoon, our residents headed to the Bendigo CBD for an Amazing Race that will not be forgotten, and a great way to get to to know the area.
The Bundoora team would also like to thank all the Student Leaders for helping out on such a hot day. Our residents have been busy decorating their floors and preparing for Thursday night’s inter-res event at the Eagle Bar. On Wednesday night, our residents enjoyed a “Night of Magic” with Matt Hollywood in the newly refurbished Union Hall (videos to come!), with some amazing magic being showcased. There were also Community Living sessions with our After Hours coordinator Frank, teaching our residents some of the essentials for living out of home.
Weekends -Staff will be on-site at Terrace House from 9am-5pm. Access is available from Gate 10 – drive to car park P7a (TH on the campus map)
Weekdays – Staff will be available in the Accommodation Services office from 9am-5pm – access from Gate 5 (SSC Student Services Centre on campus map)
If possible, try to arrive between the hours of 10am-4pm at the Accommodation Services office and you will be check-in and shown to your new room.
If you arrive after 5pm you will need to call the after-hours Accommodation Officer – 0418-541-953 – and they will check you in and escort you to your room if needed.
FAQ’s for new Residents
- Please remember to keep your wrist band on at all times to ensure you are not locked out of your room – a $40 fee applies after your first lockout.
- Your rent is charged to your StarRez account on the 1st of every month – if this does not happen please visit the Accommodation Office.
- Parking must be organised through La Trobe directly – La Trobe Parking
- You can access the internet with your La Trobe Student Number and password – if you don’t have this yet, visit the Accommodation Office for a temporary account.
ResFest 2017 – still to come
There is still over 2 weeks of ResFest 2017 remaining and with some of our marquee events yet to come. As we have mentioned, ResFest 2017 is designed to make your start to the year as a resident the best it can be, so make sure to get involved.
You can access all ResFest events in our events section of the blog, but here are the events that require registration, and remember, they are free!
- Summer Night Market at the Queen Victoria Market – Register Here
- Healesville Sanctuary trip – Register Here OR a trip to Werribee Zoo – Register Here
- Moonlight Market – Register Here
- A trip to Major Leagues Sports – Register here
- Queenscliff dolphin swim – Register here
- Cafe Crawl – Register here
- Funky Bunch trivia – Register here
Events soon after ResFest 2017
- Outrigging Canoe (Outbound) subsidised $20 – Buy your ticket
- Twelfth Night (Shakespeare under the stars) – subsidised $15 – Buy your ticket
- A “Taste of Culture” at La Trobe – Free – Register here
Remember to visit this blog regularly for all your information about Living at La Trobe.